Our Learning Community

Proud to Learn Together

Prompt 4- Part 1: The Addie Model

Above is a video that I watch on how to create an Interactive Instructional Learning Design. When entering the search bar “Interactive Learning Design” I received the ADDIE Model design, which is directed towards the audience for those in the business industry. Though the video is based on the business industry’s environment, I believe the process discussed can be implemented within a learning environment, such as a school. The ADDIE model helps provide information as to how the delivery of information can enhance the engagement and interest of the audience/students/clients wanting to learn more about the topic, in which the response would be note-taking. If I were to create this video, I wouldn’t have stated the term “business” but instead use “environment” or ” interest” to make it a more universal usage for the model, rather than it feeling restricted to only one faculty.

ADDIE stands for Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation, which can help students think about how they deliver their communications to others. An activity that I would hand out is “How to create better instruction.” For example, a viral activity I have seen is where teachers would ask their students to teach them how to make a Peanut Butter sandwich; however, the making of the sandwich doesn’t go as planned for the students. For example, when a student says “spread peanut butter on bread,” the teacher would perhaps spread the jar (not the peanut butter itself) onto the bread due to the lack of communication, such as including the instruction of “with a knife…”

Implementation the ADDIE model, it is crucial for students to go through the acronyms to design a well-thought-out lesson plan. Analysis: What is the purpose of our instruction? Creating context to our analysis. Design: How can we create our instruction to make it clear and cohesive for all viewers? Development: How can we deliver the instructions? Via slides, audio, written? Implementation: How can we ensure that the viewers will understand what to do, and how to create a sandwich. Evaluation: Was the students able to successfully create sufficient, concrete, instructions for the instructor to make a sandwich. By going through ADDIE, will teach students the need to create instructions that are accessible for all learners. The feedback being was the learner able to successfully complete the requested task.

Though this video gives a great description of how the ADDIE model works, it would have been useful if an activity within the video was provided so that the interpretation of the information is followed through by the creator of the video. In other words, with me interpreting the video , then creating my own activity, it could lead to misunderstanding of the purpose of the video, as oppose to the creator creating an activity in which the expertise would still remain.